The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a comprehensive program that helps employees and Service members resolve personal problems which may adversely impact work performance, conduct, health, and well-being. Federal Occupational Health’s EAP addresses problems in the quickest, least restrictive, and most convenient manner, while minimizing cost and protecting client confidentiality. Among the services we offer are:
- Counseling Services: Short-term assessment and referral to community resources based on client needs (emotional, alcohol, drugs, etc.).
- Financial and Legal Services: Free consultation with financial experts and licensed attorneys to provide assistance with legal and financial questions.
- Management Consultation: Assistance for managers and supervisors when responding to a troubled employee.
- Critical Incident Response: Counselors to assist in managing traumatic situations, such as threats, acts of violence, natural disasters, injury, or death.
- Education and Training: Training programs to support both supervisors and employees on the benefits and functions of the EAP.
EAP is free and confidential and is available 365 days a year. Personnel needing assistance through EAP may visit one of the following websites:
For assistance, please call:
Service Members: 1-800-342-9647
Persons with a hearing impairment: 1-888-262-7848 (TTY)