DETECT. DETER. DEFEAT.
DTRA enables Department of Defense, the U.S. Government, and International Partners to counter and deter Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) and Emerging Threats.
ENABLE A SAFE, SECURE AND EFFECTIVE NUCLEAR DETERRENT
- Track the nation’s nuclear weapons and related systems to ensure total control.
- Collaborate with the USG and Allies to exercise and test world wide in the most challenging scenarios.
- Provide cutting-edge capabilities to monitor treaty compliance and model weapons effects.
- Conduct force protection and vulnerability assessments of national and Allied infrastructure.
ANTICIPATE AND UNDERSTAND FUTURE THREAT NETWORKS
- Identify critical nodes in the threat pathway and inform defeat options.
- Elevate global threat awareness and gaps.
- Understand basic revolutionary sciences and battlespace changing technologies.
- Discover opportunities to pre-empt future risk.
PROVIDE UNDERSTANDING OF THREATS AND DEFEAT OPTIONS
- Inform operational planning with systems integration and analysis.
- Enhance partner nations’ operational control of their borders
- Adapt new technologies to maximize effects in complex operational environments.
- Provide a common intelligence picture to disrupt supply chain networks.
COUNTER-PROLIFERATION AND FACILITATION
- Execute a full-dimensional Network Defeat Enterprise.
- Built capacity to disrupt, secure, interdict, and defeat WMD and improvised threats.
- Develop technologies to identify and detect proliferation signatures.
- Develop Communities of Action to empower collaborative, innovative approaches.
PROVIDE INNOVATIVE CAPABILITY SOLUTIONS AGAINST WMD
- Perform advanced modeling of targets and simulate post-strike effects.
- Develop, test, and transition innovation to Services and Combatant Commanders.
- Deliver rapid tools and prototype realistic training environments.
- Leverage technical partnerships with national labs, industry, and global partners.
PREPARE FOR AND ENABLE CRISIS RESPONSE
- Deploy experts to advise incident managers and assist in forensic analysis.
- Train and equip partner nation first responders.
- Develop medical and material protection against threats.
- Provide Reachback in real time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.