Battling Emerging Threats: New DTRA Strategy 2022-2027 keeps counter-WMD agency aligned with national, DOD priorities
In keeping its missions, priorities and values aligned with the most recent higher-level guidance, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) has published the 2022-2027 Agency Strategy.
The new document is a timely strategic blueprint that ensures DTRA addresses the challenges posed by weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and emerging threats. When referring to WMD, the Agency is specifically focused on nuclear, chemical, and/or biological weapons.
The 2022-2027 DTRA Strategy highlights the administration’s theater, national, and multinational objectives. The strategy also focuses on DTRA’s core functions (DTRA’s unique instruments of national power) and aligns those unique instruments with four agency-level goals.
- DTRA Enables Strategic Deterrence
- DTRA Supports U.S. Treaty Implementation and Verification
- DTRA Partners to Reduce Global WMD Threats
- DTRA Identifies Vulnerabilities and Mitigation Strategies
- DTRA Develops and Delivers Rapid Capabilities
Click Link to read the full Press Release
- Ensure a Safe, Secure, and Effective Nuclear Deterrent
- Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction and Emerging Threats
- Enable the Joint Force and Allies/Partners to Compete and Win Against Adversaries
- Build and Adaptive and Resilient Agency