The Defense Threat Reduction Agency is soliciting resumes for several positions as a CONTRACT SPECIALIST, at the GS-1102-12/13 grade level. We have a very unique opportunity for recent grads or experienced professionals looking for a career change. Positions are located at Fort Belvoir, VA.
This unique opportunity offers you a permanent position upon successful completion of your formal training plan. You will experience both personal and professional growth while dealing effectively and ethically with change, complexity, and problem solving. This program offers a 2-year formal training plan with yearly salary increases. Promotions and salary increases are based upon your successful performance and supervisory approval. This is your opportunity to begin a successful civilian career with the Department of Defense at the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
Candidates must demonstrate critical thinking ability and experience in written communication. They should be both tech and business savvy.
You resume MUST clearly address experience related to:
- Providing business advice to customers.
- Performing acquisition related quality reviews.
- Interpreting laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to address acquisition issues.
- Establishing and monitoring milestones, and
- Preparing letters, memorandums, documents or reports that support actions and recommendations.
MANDATORY BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- US Citizen
- All non-DoD, non-federal, and DoD employees not in the acquisition workforce that otherwise meet the criteria above are eligible to apply.
- DoD employees in an acquisition workforce after January 28, 2008 that otherwise meet the criteria above are eligible to apply.
- Bachelor's degree (any field) and at least 24 credit hours of business courses (accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management).The business courses can be within your degree or in addition to.
- Ability to obtain a minimum SECRET security clearance.
- This is a drug testing designated position.
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
- You are not eligible for this position if you served in the DoD acquisition workforce on or before January 28, 2008 and continue in the workforce until the present, unless you had at least a one year break in service.
- Pay for the GS-12, Step 1, currently $81,548
- Pay for the GS-13, Step 1, currently $96,970
Please send resumes to
Please submit your resume by COB: March 25, 2019
The Department of Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer.